Docstell offers collaborative tools, including our web, desktop, and mobile products, which help users to collaborate with others. We also own and operate a number of websites and offer related services, like support. We refer to all of these products, together with our other services and websites as “Services” in this policy.
What we explain in this policy
What information we collect about you
- How we use the information
- How we share the information
- How we store and secure the information
- How to access and control your information
- How we transfer the information we collect internationally
Other important privacy-related information
What information we collect about you
Information you provide to us
Account and profile information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through the Services. For example, this includes your first name, last name, email address, profile picture, and notification settings.
Content you provide through the Services
Using Docstell may involve creating, editing, and sharing content. For example, this includes the name and content of teams, workspaces, items, and clusters.
Information you provide through our support channels
The Services also include customer support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a Service. Whether you contact customer support via email, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
We collect certain payment and billing information when you register for certain paid Services. For example, we ask you to provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
Information we collect automatically
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services. This includes:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
- Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Browser type.
- Operating system.
- Date/time stamp.
- Browsing actions and browsing patterns.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer or mobile device, which enable features and functionalities of the Services. They are unique to your account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire. For example, we collect and store the following information using Cookies:
If you’re signed in to our Services, cookies help us show you the right information and personalize your experience.
Document referrer information
URL query (for example, Urchin Tracking Module (UTM) parameters).
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html and policies.google.com. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “anonymizeIp” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
Information we receive from other sources
From other Service users
Other users of our Services may provide information about you when they submit content through the Services. We also receive your email address from other Service users when they provide it in order to invite you to the Services.
Other services you link to your account
We receive information about you when you or your administrator link or integrate third-party services with our Services. You should always check the privacy settings and notices in these third-party services to understand what data may be disclosed to us or shared with our Services.
How we use the information
Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you:
- To provide the Services.
- To personalize your experience.
- To aid in research and development.
- To communicate with you about the Services.
- To market, promote, and drive engagement with the Services.
- To provide customer support.
- To prevent fraud and abuse.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How we share the information
Sharing with other Service users
When you use the Services, we share certain information about you with other Service users.
- For collaboration: You can create content, which may contain information about you, and grant permission to others to see, share, edit, copy and download that content based on settings you or your administrator (if applicable) select. Some collaboration features of the Services display some or all of your profile information to other Service users when you share or interact with specific content.
- For use in teams and organizations: If you register or access the Services for use within a team and/or organization, certain information including your first name, last name, email address, profile picture, content, and account use may become accessible to that team’s and/or organization’s administrators and other Service users.
Sharing with third parties
- Service providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information. You can learn more about third-party service providers on our Docstell Subprocessors page.
- With your consent: We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
- Compelled disclosure: We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
How we store and secure the information
Information storage and security
We use data hosting service providers to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. You can learn more about services we use on our Docstell Subprocessors page. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We will respond to requests about information storage and security within a reasonable timeframe.
How long we keep information
We may retain your personal information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your personal information during the time you have an account to use the Services, and for a reasonable period of time thereafter. We also may retain your personal information during the period of time needed for Docstell to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How to access and control your information
Right to access and update information
Our Services and related documentation give you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can access your profile information from your account and search for content containing information about you using searches in the Service. You can update your profile information within your profile settings and modify content that contains information about you using the editing tools associated with that content.
Right to delete your information
Our Services and related documentation give you the ability to delete certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can remove content that contains information about you using the keyword search and editing tools associated with that content and you can remove certain profile information within your profile settings.
Right to restrict information processing
In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don’t have the appropriate rights to do so.
Right to data portability
How we transfer the information we collect internationally
We collect information globally. We transfer, process, and store your information outside of your country of residence, to wherever we, Docstell or our third-party service providers operate for the purpose of providing you the Services. Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps to protect it.
Other important privacy-related information
Notice to End Users
The Services may be adopted for both personal use and use by organizations. Where the Services are made available to you through an organization (e.g. your employer), that organization is the administrator of the Services and is responsible for the end-users and/or Service sites over which it has control. If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the Services is subject to that organization’s policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator’s organization, which may be different than this policy.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Docstell does not allow use of the Services by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to Mainspec Factory AB.
Mainspec Factory AB
Vegagatan 2B 392 46 Kalmar